2009年1月4日星期日

Why My Spoken Enslish is Poor?(

When we study English, we learn to listen, speak, read and write. Of these abilities, speaking is the most important. As we all know, the fundamental means of commUnication is speaking. Onlyby speaking to each other directly can two people exchange their ideas freely and efficiently. This is especially true in modern times when we live in a "global village", where joint ventures and overseas tourism become commonplace. Many employers in joint ventures speak English, so do most of the tourists. Many difficulties will arise if we can't express ourselves fluently in English. In spite of my awareness of its importance, I seldom find chances to practice and improve my oral English. So, I am still very weak with regard to this respect. one reason is that my pronunciation and intonation aren't good enough. The other is that I am so shy that I am always too nervous to find the exact words to express my ideas and feelings. As a result the best way for me to do is to remain silent when others are practicing and making great progress in their oral English everyday. Now I am attaching much more importance to oral English and I have made up my mind to seize every opportunity to practice. I begin to participate actively in all kinds of English activities, such as going to "English Corners", talking in English with my classmates and with native speakers. "Nothing is difficult in the world if you really put your heart to it." as the Chinese saying goes. If I can build up my confidence, if I am not afraid of losing face any more, if I really work hard on it, I am sure my oral English will be excellent someday.

没有评论:

发表评论